Image

Image
If you need a smile read my blogs. You're bound to have at least on chuckle.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Turning Chaos

A summary of all of my emotions throughout my day yesterday...


OMG, I get to see the Zac Brown Band tonight!
No not that! Anything but that!
Wow, we are idiots
 
Fuck.

Yesterday, was easily one of the most mixed emotion days I have ever encountered. My wonderful friend Casey had bought me tickets to go see the Zac Brown Band. We made a deal that if I drove to the venue that he would buy my ticket. So I woke up feeling like this guy...                                                                       




OMG, I get to see the Zac Brown Band tonight!


I was beyond excited for this concert. I have been looking forward to it for a month and a half. Now, I invited my other beautiful friend Jena to come with me to this concert, since she loves country music just as much as I do. I love this girl to pieces, but she is late for EVERYTHING. She will be late to her own wedding and funeral.
To make a long story short, Casey and his girlfriend, ended up driving separate from us because Jena was still about a hour and a half away at the time that we were suppose to leave. 

Fuck. We are so no making it to that concert
 
Now, while waiting for Jena to get into town, I decided that it would be a good idea to change my tampon before we left for the concert (no shame). I mean God only knows what the toilets would have been like at the concert. So I pulled my pants down, hovered over the toilet. Just as I am about to get down to business, I hear a 'kir plunk'. I look down and there it was, my iphone, in the toilet.  I forgot to take my iphone out of my back pocket; now, mistakes happen, however, this was the SECOND time in a matter of 4 months that I dropped a phone in the toilet! I knew that 'kir plunk' noise all to well. As soon as I heard that noise my face looked something like this...
 

No not that! Anything but that!
I became really good at fishing my phones out of the toilet. This time, when I pulled my phone out, the speakers did not work! So I sat there sulking because I was not on time for the concert, I now had to pay $40 for a ticket and drive myself (broke my deal with Casey), and then dropped my phone into the porcelain god. My mother, being the sweet woman that she is, tried consoling me and calming me down by buying me delicious, greasy food. I mean she did know I was on my period at this point. Probably, because I yelled when I dropped my phone in the toilet "All I wanted to do was change my fucking tampon!" So she knew I needed something. I am sure her thoughts were "Get this bitch some sugar and grease, PRONTO!"   So there I was, looking like this,
 
 stuffing my face with the most delicious food known to mankind when all of a sudden, I received a text from Jena saying she is home (yes, my texting still worked on my phone, yes, I was being dramatic while sulking about dropping it in the toilet) Frustrated, I packed up my food got in my car and went to pick Jena up. At this point, I was thoroughly annoyed because I couldn't eat my food at a table, I was VERY late for the concert, and I had dropped my phone in the toilet. The minute Jena got in the car I took off like a bat out of hell. I bet if anyone was to make me upset while driving yesterday, something like this would have happened... 
 
I will admit it, I drive like a complete jerk when I am in a hurry. For the readers that do not know me, I have the worst luck in the world (with cars) AND I have road rage. It is a lethal combination to say the least. It was very difficult for me to admit this but I may be worse than an Asian woman driver. But I can do an entire blog just on my cars, road rage, and pet peeves of driving at a different time.
 


Two hours later, we got to concert (it was dark at this time), we missed the entire opening act. However, we got there about 5 minutes before the Zac Brown Band started AND we even manage to find Casey and his girlfriend! The concert was AMAZING. The group is so TALENTED, and is truly one of the best concerts I have ever seen. We were all in aww leaving the show.


The finale of the show
 
 Jena and I were in so much of an aww that we got lost trying to find my car...Now, remember it was dark out when we arrived at the concert, so we had no idea where we parked and we were in too much of a hurry to really pay attention. Now, let me show you a map of the venue we were at so you can understand my frustration. As far as we knew, we parked somewhere in the red line that I have drawn.
 


 
We walked around aimlessly, in the red area, for one hour. Do you feel our pain yet? No. Okay, I was in heeled cow boy boots...how about now? My feet have blisters on them, as do hers, but the concert was worth it and I had the best company. I could not have asked for anyone better to come with me to this concert. Most people would get pissed off that they couldn't find their car for a hour and that their feet were killing them... but Jena and I had a fucking blast.  I am pretty sure the both of our faces looked like this walking around.
 
 
We were linking arms, thinking about places to camp out  because we were absolutely positive that we were not going to find my car. I am pretty sure at one point I was even thinking about what berries were poisonous and which ones weren't. In addition, Jena picked out a nice spot to shit, it was great
 
On our journey, we talked to strangers to see if they had seen a white ford fiesta. No luck with idea. We talked to security to try and see if they had seen the ONE landmark that Jena saw on the way in, they looked at us like we had 23 heads. I saw some couple with matching dread locks getting it on in the front seat of the car while waiting in the mile long traffic, which I couldn't even be upset by, it is just ballsy and impressive (no shame, I like it).
 
After about an hour of wandering and having the time of our life, we found Diamond, my car's name, and we continued our 2 hour drive home. Talking about whether the people walking on the side of the road at 2:30am were werewolves, vampires, or just drunk; maybe, even a little bit of all the above. BUT we came to the conclusion that they could only possibly be werewolves or vampires. In addition, we got to know each other even more than we already do. I learned that Jena's special talent is sharting. For those that don't know what sharting is, it is shitting and farting(working on doing it on command).  And she learned that I can out belch anyone if you give me a diet coke. Needless to say, I brought the right person to this concert.
 
Anyways, the point of this blog is that we all need to understand that life isn't always going to go the way you it expect it to. We have to learn to deal with the chaos that comes our way and spin it to be fun and positive. A little chaos keeps people on their toes and exercises our patience. Forces us to learn to have fun, even in the craziest of situations. Life is what you make of it, so why not make it something that you will enjoy
 
 
 
 
Thank you for reading! Now look at this picture and you will leave my blog with a huge smile and maybe even laughing out loud.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment